Installing themes in 10.6

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Kimbie, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Kimbie macrumors regular

Kimbie

Hi,

I have seen people using themes on 10.6, however I can not find the program they use to add the themes.

So I would be grateful if someone could tell me how you go about installing and selecting themes on 10.6

Thanks

Kimbie

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Doesn't it already look nice? Besides, themes often create problems.

3. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Define what you mean by "themes". 10.4 had a few applications and/or prefpanes for theming the UI, but since Leopard, themes have effectively been killed by Apple.

4. siorai macrumors 6502

Nice and functional, but rather boring and utterly non-customizable. Not everyone has ingested the Apple Kool-Aid and thinks that everything they do is absolutely perfect.

5. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Magnifique did this for Leopard. Not sure if it works on Snow Leopard.

6. Kiwi34000 macrumors newbie

Hello siorai, I know I am in the wrong section but I registered to MacRumors only to ask you if you can give me your complete theme for iPhone that you have shown here.

It is exactly the theme I am looking for. (I want also the SBSettings theme, the wallpaper (so nice)).

Thanks. (sorry for my english)

7. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

MacThemes.net is a website and forum dedicated to theming and modding the Mac OS you could try there?

8. northernmunky macrumors 6502a

northernmunky

Anyone know if Unsanity will ever re-write Shapeshifter for Leopard? I remember using a really sexy theme called PhotoPro back in the day.. I really hoped I'd have it back for 10.5/6

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd say the odds of a republican winning a senate race in Massachusetts are greater then ever seeing shapshifter updated at this point. ;)

Seriously, the market for theming on OSX is all but dead. Yeah there's a few dedicated sites and a few dedicated artists but overall apple was successful at inhibiting people's ability to apply themes to OSX.

At this stage of the game any themes will invariably cause performance problems and stability issues.

As the other poster mentioned, macthemes is one of the last sites that still exist for the theming crowd.

10. northernmunky macrumors 6502a

northernmunky

I'm a Britt-lish, I have no idea what you're on about! But shame about Mac theming...