installing Ubunto 9.10 using Fusion 3

Discussion in 'macOS' started by palsword, Oct 31, 2009.

1. palsword macrumors newbie

palsword

Hello,

I know that i will be getting the "why do u need linux on mac" comments... I am just doing this for fun..and to play around with ubunto

I am trying to install the latest version of ubunto on VMWare Fusion. Fusion recognizes the DVD that I burned as the correct version of Ubunto and I continue until the machine boots up and I get this message:

"unable to find a medium containing a live file system"

Any ideas on what's going wrong?

I am using the VMWare Fusion 3. on white core 2 duo macbook, 2.4GHz, 4GB. running Mac OS X 10.6.1

2. SpeedFleX macrumors 6502

have you tried just using the .iso file instead of a burnt dvd? maybe something went wrong while burning?

3. palsword thread starter macrumors newbie

palsword

yeah it was the burning

ooh yeah, the iso works... thanks alot...

but I have a question about burning,, i just inserted a DVD , opened disk utilitiy and chose file>open disk image chose the iso file
    then on the left chose the DVD and cliked burn..
    is that the right way or should I have done something else?

4. SpeedFleX macrumors 6502

5. Dark Dragoon macrumors 6502a

Dark Dragoon

Thats pretty much how I always burn my iso's to disk, it's worked fine for me with various OS installer disks over the years including the beta of Ubuntu 9.10 (and lots of other Linux distros/versions). The only problem I've had is if I try and burn the disk at too higher speed, e.g. burn a 16x DVD+R at 20x.