Installing Win7 drivers w/o BootCamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by tombik, Dec 23, 2012.

1. tombik macrumors newbie

Hi,
    i earsed Max OS X Lion on my Mac by installing Win7 64bit Ultimate. I didn't use any BootCamp because i wanted as clean installation as possible (my Mac is old and couldn't run the latest OS X version fast enaugh).
    Now i expirience serval issues such as tracpad problems (right click, scrolling), sound issues (no sound at all), eject button doesn't work and bottom left FN button doesn't react.

The thing is that i don't have anything OS x-ish left in my Mac and i also don't own any OS X DVD. My Mac came w/ preinstalled OS X and i just upgraded via Appstore.

I hope you will be able to help me! Thanks.

2. tombik thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I was just wondering if there isn't a Windows BootCamp application that i could download and it will install those drivers. Does it exist? I found the BootCamp download page but i cant get orianted there. Can anybody send me link to the correct version (if any)? Thx

3. tombik thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, so i downloaded the third pkg from that table (i have old Macbook [A1278 w/ Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHZ]), extracted it and when i ran the setup.exe it failed saying Boot Camp x64 is unsupported on this computer model. What should i do? I tried to install those drivers manually but some of them didn't work and all i achived was working sound. Can you help me? I am desperate.

4. torana355 macrumors 68020

That is because you are using an old mac book you should have downloaded the 5th one.

5. tombik thread starter macrumors newbie

I am sorry, i swaped the number. I meant the fifth. That's the weird thing.