Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2015
Hi all,

I have been trying to make this happen for far too long, and I beg of you your help.

I have a Mid 2010 13" macbook pro, Superdrive removed and filled with a 250gb 7200 HDD.

I have an ISO of windows 7, i want to install it onto a 320 2.5" internal SATA, it'll be going into a windows based PC. To add to the joy it does not have a DVD drive so i have the Superdrive on usb.

Bootcamp does not allow me to install to the 2.5" HDD, only an internal, which could work. I have tried editing the Info. file but i cant find any info on the version i'm running.

Basically, I want windows on the HDD, so frustrated. :)

Any thoughts most gratefully welcome.

phik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2015
HI,

no i haddent, however I dont have access to a windows PC. I need the HDD i have to go into the PC i'm building. Because it's a small PC mATX i believe, no DVD drive. Only my old superdrive on USB. (this information at the start of the thread may well have been usefull to add... ehe)

I thought i could either unpack the content of the Win7 A-I-1 install DVD onto an MS-Dos formatted 16gb USB or DVD (through the USB Superdrive). However the machine when booting on USB would not read the drives, could see them but not access.

Sadly i have not found one source that has been able to point a way to set up a bootable usb to install windows. Should be similar to just running a dvd.

I used to know windows well a few years back but now use mac and never been below the gui till recently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.