Installing Windows 7: Bootcamp message error

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rockoar, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Rockoar macrumors regular

Rockoar

I tried four times today to install Windows 7 on my 2012 MBP 13'' with no success using Boot Camp. Every time I start the process all works great until the step where Boot Camp tries to download the Windows' software, moment in which I always get the same error message, something on the line of "Impossible to install Windows software because it is currently not available" (sorry if it isn't accurate by my copy of OSX is in french and this is a rough translation of the actual message). Any idea why would this happen? There's no problem whatsoever with my internet connection as I'm able to surf the web at the same time with no problems. Thanks for any input that could help me fix this problem and install Windows 7 on my machine.

2. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

BootCamp Assistant doesn't try to download Windows 7 for you. You have to have it already, in either an ISO image or a DVD that's currently present in the SuperDrive.

3. Rockoar thread starter macrumors regular

Rockoar

I know that and I HAVE a copy of Windows 7. Is not Windows 7 that Boot Camp is trying to download for me, is something like drivers or something alike.

4. Crzyrio macrumors 65816

if it gives you the option, skip that step and download the drivers manually from the apple website.

5. Rockoar thread starter macrumors regular

Rockoar

The only option Boot Camp gives me is to click 'ok' and then it takes me back to the first step screen. Its getting really annoying... I thought it would be easier than this.

6. SueG macrumors member

SueG

I had trouble downloading the last week bootcamp support drivers on new Imac.

I got round it by asking to download to desktop folder rather than a usb.

Installed windows 7. Reboot back into OSX open folder with drivers in. Boot back to windows. Install drivers.

Be prepared for about 200 updates.

7. Rockoar thread starter macrumors regular

Rockoar

How do you do that? (what I marked in bold in your reply)
    Thanks in advance