Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

enzojauregui

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2008
hi! i'm planning to install windows 7 64-bit in my mbp, problem is i looked at the requirements needed and it stated that i needed boot camp update 3.1. i checked my boot camp version and it stated that i had 3.0.1, tried using software update, but states that i had no updates available. what should i do? and what else do i have to keep in mind while installing windows using boot camp. thanks in advance!

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
You just need the drivers, those are installed after installing the operating system. It is not provided via software update on the Mac. Either download 3.1 from Apple (if you can) or just get it off of a Snow Leopard disk.

enzojauregui

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2008
You just need the drivers, those are installed after installing the operating system. It is not provided via software update on the Mac. Either download 3.1 from Apple (if you can) or just get it off of a Snow Leopard disk.

oh i get it, haha sorry for the confusion. i'm just wondering why is it whem i start boot camp assistant to partition, there is no mention of win 7. they only mentioned xp and vista. it's supported right? just want to make sure

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.