Installing Windows 7 on rMBP - Need help!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by PEN10k, Aug 9, 2012.

1. PEN10k macrumors regular

Hello guys,

I've been wondering to install Windows 7 on my rMBP (Bootcamp), so I can do a bit of gaming.

- But I have a few questions about the installation:

I've borrowed an external hard disk, and I have my Windows 7 installation disc ready.
    When I have installed the OS, then I have to install some Apple drivers, so everything works properly. But in all the tutorials that I've seen, they use the OS X installation disc to download the drivers, but that disc didn't come with my rMBP? So how do I get those drivers?

2. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

3. shervinvan macrumors member

As the other user said, easiest way to do this is to get a USB stick (8GB or more) and run bootcamp assistant, follow the steps to create a USB stick with the windows image on it... once the installation is finished and windows is set up you will notice that you do not have any drivers installed... goto My computer and open the USB drive, I forget the exact name of the folder but there is a set up file on the USB Stick that you need to install in order to get all the drivers... I think the folder on the USB is called bootcamp or something along those lines.. once that is done you will have all drivers installed automatically.

4. PEN10k thread starter macrumors regular

Great, thanks for the help.
    I'll give it a try. :)

5. shervinvan macrumors member

p.s. you might wanna install 64 bit Windows 7 to make full use of the RAM, 32 bit windows won't use your full 8GB of RAM...

6. PEN10k thread starter macrumors regular

Great, thanks! :)