Installing Windows 7 with a wireless keyboard and mouse possible?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Tsurisuto, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Tsurisuto macrumors 6502

I've managed to get to the setup screen of Windows 7 using my Mac minis wireless keyboard and mouse, but my mouse and keyboard don't seem to work. What do I do? The wireless keyboard and mouse worked fine during the installation of Windows 7, but I can get passed the setup screen without enter my name and computer name.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

the bluetooth devices need to pair up in order for them to work. So your best bet is to borrow some wired devices.

3. Tsurisuto thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow, that sucks! I don't have anyone to borrow a keyboard and mouse from, and I don't want to have to buy another keyboard and mouse. I have a MacBook, is there a way to utilise it's keyboard?

4. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Nope. You can't get all the way through a Windows install with a Bluetooth keyboard. That's just how it is.

A spare wired keyboard/mouse is a good thing to have though, especially if your batteries go dead.

5. Tsurisuto thread starter macrumors 6502

Is there a way to install Windows 7 on my MacBook and then copy it over to my Mac mini somehow?

6. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

OS installations are hardware-bound. So no unfortunately.