Installing Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by mackmgg, Nov 9, 2008.

1. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

i am trying to install windows 7, but it wont recognize the keyboard in the setup. when i am trying to install it through vista it says that there isnt engouh space. has anybody else had experience with windows 7, or know anything that i can delete in a clean install of vista to save space?

thanks

2. shoulin333 macrumors 6502a

Fist of all, why install a pre beta pos that you will just end up deleting anyways.... heh each to his own i guess

but really, just go into osx, open up the bootcamp utility, restore hdd to a single partition, then make a new one bigger, reinstall vista, then try again... if they keyboard doesn't work try using an external usb to see if that even works

3. scottlinux macrumors 6502a

scottlinux

Windows 7 uses Vista drivers. Sounds like you need the drivers...

4. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

In 6801, the "upgrade" option is active but doesn't install correctly. Use the clean install method by booting the Windows 7 install disc and proceeding.

Setup will rename your Vista Windows folder, and proceed with installing from scratch.

Setup recognized my MacBook's keyboard just fine — of course upon install the Apple-developed keyboard driver and on-screen indicators will not install. Therefore none of your media keys will work.

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

If you have a laptop, just use that keyboard.

6. mackmgg thread starter macrumors 65816

mackmgg

ok I solved it. Apparently it was that I was using a 64bit version that crashed from the efi. I tried again with the 32 bit and it worked fine! And to whoever said y install l, well I've found less bugs in this then vista