Installing Windows 8 Release Preview on Macbook Pro - Device drivers not found?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by victorhooi, Aug 20, 2012.

1. victorhooi macrumors member

Mar 29, 2011

I have a late 2001 Macbook Pro 13".

I'm attempting to install the Windows 8 Release Preview onto this, via Bootcamp.

I've run the Bootcamp Assistant to create the partition, and I've also created a USB stick with the Bootcamp drivers (I had to do this manually by downloading the approprirate BootCampESD.pkg, since the assistant kept giving me newtork issues - this appears to be fairly common).

I've rebooted into the Windows 8 DVD, but after I click the Install button, it seems to scan for drivers, then says:

No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK

I click OK, then try to use Browse to select my USB drive that has the Bootcamp drivers - it then just displays that same message again. Selecting the "Drivers" folder on the USB driver doesn't seem to do anything anything.

Has anybody has any luck installing the Windows 8 Release Preview on a Macbook Pro?

2. kkrull macrumors regular

Dec 19, 2006
    I assume you mean a 2011 MacBook Pro 13"?

Can you not continue installing Windows without the drivers? I always install them after.

I have installed the release preview and the release to manufacturing on older and newer Pros than yours successfully.
  3. Hawkeye16 macrumors regular

Sep 16, 2009
    +1 on downloading the drivers post install.

I have it as a VM and it works just fine - although that is to be expected :)
  4. victorhooi thread starter macrumors member

Mar 29, 2011

In my case, I don't even get to the install

This is the Windows 8 Release Preview (released recently), on a Macbook Pro Late 2011 13". I'm able to boot from the DVD, I start the install, but during that, it gives me that "No device drivers were found" screen.

Anybody had luck with the Release Preview, installing direct to hardware?