Installing Windows as a Primary OS on uMB

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Wicked1, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Has anyone reconfigured their uMB or uMBP to boot and only run Windows XP or Vista. I was just curious if this could be done at all, not that I would as a primary machine, but I am thinking of trying it on my old 250 GB HDD just to see if it works only running Windows XP on my uMB.

I searched here first B4 posting, but I could not locate any threads

2. celticpride678

Sure. Just make Windows your startup drive and you will never see Mac OS X anymore. It will be there, but you can partition it so it would be only 5GB's. Anyways, why would you just buy a Mac to be able to run JUST Windows on it. I understand you just want to try, but anyone who has probably tried this before, does not make sense.

3. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

I can see it. The build quality of a mac is 10 times superior to any PC laptop I've ever owned. (Dell, Compaq, HP, Toshiba... you name it, I've probably owned the piece of crap at one time).

It was the #1 reason I switched to the mac. As soon as I picked up a friends whitebook, I could actually "feel" the difference without opening it up.

But I stayed with OSX mainly because I like it but also the macbook keyboard is not conducive to Windows shortcuts.