Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bhoss13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2015
I am trying to install windows 8 on my macbook pro I bought Saturday (2/28). I get past the first 3 steps but when it restarts my computer the first thing it does is boot to the usb drive called windows where it tells me there is no boot disk available press any key to continue, then there is the efi boot i believe which when clicked under boot menu at start it starts to install windows all the way till I have to choose a partition and it comes up with this error message. Please help need windows to run certain programs for school!!

Attachments

• IMG_3835.JPG
    IMG_3835.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 97

fromashes

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2013
First STEP :

REFORM your PARTIOTION via DISK UTILITY with GPD. Do this in the PARTITION windows /Options...

Redo all the steps you did before.
should go smoothly afterwards

if not Second STEP - depends... search some forum threads out here.:) or google for "How to install Windows 8.1 on Macbook pro" - BTW I highly suggest you stay cool with Windows 7 - because there are some major **** happening with 8.1 not being compatible with 2 different GRAPHICS cards on your MOTHER BOARD on MBPro.
So you may get BLACK SCREEN - and if your in to gaming - say ALLELUYAH to windows 8.1 at all

P.S. Also welcome joining the "Frustrated at MAC + WINDOWS no-official-apple-dev-support Club ;)

Last edited:

Bhoss13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2015
First STEP :

REFORM your PARTIOTION via DISK UTILITY with GPD. Do this in the PARTITION windows /Options...

Redo all the steps you did before.
should go smoothly afterwards

if not Second STEP - depends... search some forum threads out here.:) or google for "How to install Windows 8.1 on Macbook pro" - BTW I highly suggest you stay cool with Windows 7 - because there are some major **** happening with 8.1 not being compatible with 2 different GRAPHICS cards on your MOTHER BOARD on MBPro.
So you may get BLACK SCREEN - and if your in to gaming - say ALLELUYAH to windows 8.1 at all

P.S. Also welcome joining the "Frustrated at MAC + WINDOWS no-official-apple-dev-support Club ;)

"REFORM your PARTIOTION via DISK UTILITY with GPD. Do this in the PARTITION windows /Options..." Can you please explain this in further detail i can't seem to figure out how to do this step.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.