installing windows on mbp error + newbie questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kanshira, Jan 24, 2008.

1. kanshira macrumors member

'm a complete mac newb (onli like 3 days) and ended up stuffin it up... :(
    I tried to install windows onto my MBP through bootcamp, but it ended up stuffin my machine completely - accidently deleted the mac partition and had to reinstall everything -______- (what the f!@# was i doing) ... couldn't even return to mac, had like some windows error/corruption thing.
    i started to panic because didn't want to send the machine off to warranty already so i tried to fix it, eventually called up apple everything supposedly went back to normal. But during the process of repair I had to do a few hard restarts through holding the power button, and now sorta paranoid if there was any damages to the hardware.
    Would there be any damages to the hardware through them restarts? + Is there any programs that would does error checks?
    Since i've been practically used windows forever ago, do I need to do like disk defrags, registry cleanups on macs?
    Also, when using the trackpad, when trying to scroll using the pad it doesn't seem to respond properly, but I think i think its because fingers are too close together, is that normal?

thanks for the help.

2. todd2000 macrumors 68000

There shouldn't be any damage to your hardware from the hard re-boots. I wouldn't worry about it, as long as everything is working right now. As for defrag, it's not something you really have to worry about in OS X. There are some cases where it may be helpful to defrag your drive, but I never have. You can read #6 on this page for a better explanation http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html#Anchor-31774 Last but not least there is no registry in OS X.