Installing windows via bootcamp with older drivers

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ri0ku, Jan 27, 2015.

1. ri0ku, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015

ri0ku macrumors 6502a

Hey guys so I have been running into some really annoying issues with high temps and GPU drivers not working properly.

Iv installed windows 7. Now I have uninstalled and I have downloaded an older bootcamp driver pack to try older drivers. The issue I am having is now that I have reinstalled Windows and I chose not to have apple download the latest drivers so I could try the older...USB's are not detected in windows so I can't put the old drivers on.

Is there anyway around this?

I did try and run parallels trial to then transfer the files across that way so I could then boot back through bootcamp and install them, however when I tried this I get a blue screen on start up (which i think is probably caused by the parallels drivers causing a conflict)

edit: going to try and enable NTFS writing so I can copy the files across through yosemite directly to the bootcamp partition first.

2. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

I don't fancy your success.
    I don't see how an older driver is going to help -- if anything, the Bootcamp drivers are already older than you're likely to find from the GPU manufacturer.
    And regarding the USB problem -- make sure you're using a USB 2.0 drive and not a 3.0.