Installing Winterboard -- Slow down?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Slav2009, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Slav2009 macrumors member

Guys,

I wanted the lightsaber sounds when I lock and unlock my iPhone, so in order to do that I needed to install Winterboard. I read on a few forums that using Winterboard slows the hell out of your iPhone.

I don't care to use themes, I don't want any. I just want the lightsaber sounds. If I only install it for that purpose, will it slow down my system?

The way I think of it is: Winterboard is something that runs in the background, whether you have themes installed or not. Am I correct on this?

Thanks for the info!!

2. amirite macrumors 6502a

I think the real thing that you need to consider is why on Earth you would want to hear light saber sounds when unlocking your iPhone.

3. amirite macrumors 6502a

Any self-respecting man would make them himself with his own mouth.

4. Slav2009 thread starter macrumors member

lol come on now lets not be haters :)

Please just answer the question if you can

5. amirite macrumors 6502a

Sorry, I was just kidding. But I would assume that it wouldn't slow anything else down. If it does then you could just replace the lock sound file in the iPhones file system with a lightsaber sound ;) That's what I would do anyway, just to be safe.

6. Slav2009 thread starter macrumors member

No worries mate thanks for the clarification :)

While we're on the topic, I know SBSettings does run in the background, and as such, will slow down your iPhone whether its noticeable or not.. anyway, will installing Addon SBSettings toggles from Cydia add to any slowdowns?

I think I'm paranoid :S