Installing WordPress on a .Mac iDisk?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by capitanbuzo, Jun 18, 2008.

1. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

I am a member of .Mac and want to install WordPress on it but don't really know how. I want it on there to test a site. My current site is hosted by a friend, otherwise I would just make a new FTP account. Is it even possible to install WordPress on a .Mac account? Thanks for the help.

2. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

I could be wrong, as I don't have .mac, but I don't believe it supports php/sql.

3. capitanbuzo thread starter macrumors 65816

I do not know either. I simply use it for the ease of hosting one of the sites I have.

4. dws90 macrumors regular

5. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

Like Cybix said, .mac lacks support for sql so you couldn't do it. You can use personal domains (for a fee) on wordpress.com though if that is what you are looking for, not sure if it is more economical to get a cheap hosting (under $3 a month at GoDaddy and it has a auto-installer).

6. capitanbuzo thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the help. I was leaning towards the fact that it wasn't possible due to the stated reasons above. I guess I will juts have to get my own Host Gator account instead of letting my friend host my domains.