Installing XP in macbook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by pippone, Apr 8, 2008.

1. pippone macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I am having problems installing XP sp2 in my macbook air.:mad:
    When the installation finishes(a real partition with BootCamp, no virtual) XP does not recognize a lot of devices.. Bluetooth ISB, video controller, Network controller...so I have no Wireless.

Does anyone how to figure out this??
    Thanks

2. aussieinrome macrumors regular

aussieinrome

Why install XP in the first place? How do you do a right click? Install Parallels would be my suggestion.

3. jdaco6 macrumors regular

The Drivers which are needed to recognise these devices are on the Mac OS disk!

Hope that helps!

4. jeffmc macrumors 6502

exactly, i believe they're on the second disk. it's labeled. pop it in and it'll walk you through the installer for all the mac hardware (audio, video, isight, etc...)

5. masterpace macrumors regular

Actually, drivers are located on the first Mac OS X install disk. Boot under Windows. Then, pop the CD in. Wait for the setup wizard to come up. Then, follow instruction to install all required drivers. Once it's done, reboot the computer. And voilà!

6. btgeeks macrumors newbie

xp on macbook air

im having trouble loading xp through bootcamp on my macbook air. i go through the bootcamp process and insert an oem xp pro disc (same way i did with macbook pro) and the machine restarts and the xp installation never comes up, in fact the screen stays gray.

any ideas?

7. aussieinrome macrumors regular

aussieinrome

Using XP with Parallels

I've just installed Parallels and I'm waiting on my version of XP Home I just purchased to arrive and I'll let you all know how it works.

Parallels claims to now support OpenGL and DirectX so since I run 3D Studio Max I'll be keen to see how it runs.