Installs keep failing new install OSX Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by imac abuser, Oct 22, 2011.

1. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Hello,
    I just did a fresh install of OS X 10.7.2 Lion. I have tried to install several programs, and get a message that says "Install Failed...." (Please see screen shot).

This has happened on Office for MAC 2011, Final Cut Express 4, and another program I can't think of.

Please help...

Attached Files:

2. tug macrumors 6502

just a thought, but did you reformat your hdd before installing lion,
    is there a partition on it?
    i kind of think that you might not have enough space on the drive.
    could be completely wrong of course, but like i said its just a thought. :eek:

3. imac abuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Hi yeah I did reformat before reinstalling. I have almost 2 TB of disk space so that's not the problem.

Attached Files:

4. imac abuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Ok so I took my machine to the Genius Bar and they told me that it was my hard drive which is bollox because they couldn't install i'Life '11 from an external HD. Either way I left the machine with them. They replaced the superdrive fine, but I'm still getting the same errors. The machine was completely reformatted, and is up to date.

HELP!!!!!!

Attached Files:

5. tug macrumors 6502

hi again,
    i know this is gonna be a bit tedious but have you tried re-installing snow and see if they will install then.
    if they do, then you know its lion causing the probs.
    if they don't, then its possibly 2 things.
    bad hdd or the install discs might be damaged.

i know from your post that the hdd was formatted and lion put back on it, but at least by trying this you can take these suggestions out of the question.

good luck.

6. imac abuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Actually I initially tried to reinstall Snow Leopard because Lion is causing me headaches. It would not allow me I was getting a message Snow Leopard can not be installed on my machine.

Tonight I'm going to try an external DVD Drive and see if I can install one of my programs from that drive.

7. tug macrumors 6502

sounds like your hdd as gone bad mate.

probably a silly question, but have you carried out disc repair in utilities lately?