Instant Burst Mode

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by dof250, Jun 3, 2014.

1. dof250 macrumors regular

I've seen "Instant Burst Mode" all around websites.

Is there anyone that can tell me what it is?! I'm a registered developer, but can't find what the features does...

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I am not sure either. Burst seems to be the same for me.

3. ephraim909 macrumors member

Whenever you use the new self timer to take a picture, it actually takes a burst of photos starting right before the countdown finishes. Should be pretty helpful for moments the timer is used.

4. nheilweil macrumors 6502a

nheilweil

I don't think ios8b1 has the instant burst mode yet. Guessing it'll be a predefined burst of shots with one press of the shutter button like the 11 shots that automatically get triggered at end of self timer

5. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

Wether you choose the 3 second or 10 second timer for a photo it takes 11 burst shots and picks the best incase someone moved or blinked.

6. thenewone macrumors member

Is this only on the 5s, or does it take 11 burst shots on the 5 as well?

And how about the "normal" burst mode capabilities? Did they add that feature from the 5s to the 5? And has it been improved at all? Are the bursts on the 5s faster than the initially introduced 10/sec? (the reason I ask is because at the end of last year Apple bought the company/technology behind SnappyCam, which was capable of taking 30 full-res pics/sec on the 5s, and 20/sec on the 5)

7. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

Hmm that's a good questions, I have iOS 8 installed on my 5s. I was under the impression that burst mode (as well as slo-mo) were only available on the 5s. Maybe someone with a 5 can chime in on this.

8. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

No official burst mode on 5 still, but can still take mtiple pics bu holding the button

9. Homme macrumors member

Now that iOS 8 Beta 2 is out I want to know if this feature is now present on other devices than the 5S

thanks