Instant Computer $$$ = Graduation :: Now What?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bobber205, May 22, 2006.

  1. bobber205 macrumors 68020


    Nov 15, 2005
    Now I have some serious decisions to make. ;)

    For graduation, I got this much in cash (or check)
    750 scholarship
    300 scholarship
    300 cash
    1000 check

    That adds up to 2350. That's more than enough for a MBP or MB.
    Now what should I do?

    I would love to get my wonderful little machine as soon as possible of course. Now that the "upgrade" the MBP were rumored to get has actually happened, as far as I know, the next big upgrade will be the Merom processors.

    Are they worth waiting?

    I am going to be majoring in Software Engineering at a technology school in Oregon. I will need the XP environment, but w/ these Intel CPU's, I have no reason to do so anymore.

    I would gladly save some good money by just getting the MacBook, but I love the feel and design of the Pro model. Having a good graphics processor inside the MBP is also a bonus.

    I'm at a standstill. I'm waiting till I get to Oregon to actually order so I'll save on taxes.

    Advice welcome. (Let's do this again! Now that I actually do have the money!)
  2. devilot Moderator emeritus


    May 1, 2005
    Why not wait at least until after the conference in August? Plus, if Apple does have another student-aimed promo, it'll most likely be going on by then, too. :D
  3. ravenvii macrumors 604


    Mar 17, 2004
    Melenkurion Skyweir
    That's what I'm waiting for before I buy a MacBook, too.

Share This Page