Instant Hotspot not Working

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by txmade, Sep 15, 2015.

1. txmade macrumors member

ok here's the deal , my iPad sees my iPhone as the Instant Hotspot, but when I go to connect nothing happens. It will say error or something like that. I have reset network settings, signed in and out iCloud on both iPad and phone. I never had this issue till I put iOS 9 on my phone and iPad . Can you all help me?

How do I get it working normally, I know the workaround by changing iPhone name, but I shouldn't have to do that every time.

2. gwhizkids macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

I had this issue on 9 pb3. It fixed itself on 9.1. I never did 9 GM, so it may have been resolved there, too (at least I hope it would have been resolved!)

3. txmade thread starter macrumors member

Just updated to the public release of iOS 9 and it still doesn't work.

4. Wyvernspirit macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

I had this happen about 1 in 5 times on iOS 8. I don't even see my iPhone at all now on my iPad with iOS 9.

5. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

try a reset all settings. That typically can solve strange issues. Especially if you upgraded or restored iOS then restored an older backup. That will save your data and apps btw so not like a restore. Just reset wallpaper and wifi networks and run through you settings to set as you prefer once its completed.