Instant messages (and others) push?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fondo890, Jun 20, 2009.

1. fondo890 macrumors newbie

Anyone else want to finally be able to start USING push? We were promised it in September of last year, and although it is now live, many applications, especially the ones that can use it best, still don't have it!

I am 17 years old and using push for instant messaging on AIM and for instant updates on Facebook would really change a lot for me, and a lot of other people my age.

Where are all of these updates already? The AIM beta was released a few weeks ago, shouldn't they be able to release a public update? All of these developers were well aware that push was coming, so what's going on?

2. Smrtphoneaddict macrumors member

My guess is that all of these updates are stuck in the App Store approval process. I know BeeJive had sent their update in for approval and it's still waiting approval. I bet Apple is flooded with updates coming in and they can't keep up.

3. Reiger macrumors regular

I also believe they are flooded. There are so many apps. And a lot of them have a new release to improve compatibility with 3.0. Then there all those apps that are new or updated with special features that are only 3.0. Just be patient, I think that we will see many of them in the coming week(s).

You've already waited this long so... ;)

4. garethjs macrumors 6502

Is that why when tap tap revenge release an app and finds an issue with it pushes out a bug fix it gets approved the very next day?

Long que... I don't think so.

5. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

Yea, it's not just push Apps, it is the App Store.

I have the Checkbook app, and the developer submitted the 3.0 compliant version on June 9th.

Still haven't got it.