Instant Messenger Clients

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by strutter, Dec 17, 2009.

1. strutter macrumors newbie

Are there any messenger clients for the iPhone, preferably free that allow you to connect to MSN, Yahoo and AOL without having to sign up for an 'account' with their system.

Ones that require your own 'account' before adding your MSN, Yahoo, etc account details are: Nimbuzz, Xumii and Palringo. I simply do not want to give a third party all my messenger credentials.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

3. strutter thread starter macrumors newbie

Ebuddy also requires you to 'sign up' for an account with them, and you are effectively tunneling your messaging credentials through their systems.

Not happy to do that.

Like Trillian on the PC where you can have MSN, AOL, Yahoo, etc messaging services running in one app, but you connect directly to those providers servers, rather than via a 3rd party...

Anything out there that does this?

4. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

+1. I know it's not free, but it is 99.5% flawless in my six plus months of use.

It's also on sale right now, and including the November 2009 sale, it's now the least expensive it's ever been.

5. johnnyhow macrumors regular

I'm also interested in preferably a free or cheap (nothing over $1.19) msn program for ipod touch/ ipod phone
    Beejive is like.. 7 US dollars, I don't use msn enough to justify that, so I'll keep looking.

6. dsierra87 macrumors newbie

beejive im+ or fring

is it worth it paying for beejive or im+ or fring does the job? i mean do beejive push notificaton really work and are fast or ill have to leave the app open to be notified? it's 7 buck and it's on sale. fring is free.

7. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

Push Notifications work when the app is closed, and for Beejive IM, it's always been instant.

8. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

i was also always looking for a free IM client but everyone was talking about beejive so i bit the bullet and bought it back when it was 14.99 (it's 6.99 right now) and it was worth every penny. nothing is better than it in my opinion and right now for 6.99 it's a steal.

9. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Beejive might be expensive but it's totally worth it. i tried other apps and nothing compares to it.

10. dsierra87 macrumors newbie

bought beejive and so far i'm loving it. totally worth it.