Instant rebate for CT and RI

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Micchi, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Micchi macrumors newbie

It says on the Apple website that the iPod rebate is instant if your billing address is in CT or RI. I got all the way up to the verification screen with a credit card that bills in CT (shipping address is also in CT) but the rebate didn't show on the payment summary. Has anyone does this before? Does Apple debit the full amount and immediately credit the $229 back or does the rebate come off when you submit the order? How does it work? Thanks.

2. mac-mania macrumors member

I don't live in CT or RI, I live in MA but I drive down to the Providence Place store to buy my products (RI) anyways, there they don't restrict it to residents so I get the instant rebate, but anyways, they didn't deduct it then immediately credit it, it was all of the final cost, they rang the iPod Touch and Printer in at whatever cost with a whatever discount (300.00 - 300.00) something to that extent.

3. jzuena macrumors 6502a

jzuena

That's cool that they give you the instant rebate, but sales tax in RI (7%) is even higher than the coming new rate in MA (6.2%) let alone the current rate (5%), so why do you go out of your way to pay more? I live near the border with NH and might be willing to go out of my way to pay less (no sales tax in NH) but don't see a reason to go out of my way to pay more. I just bought a new mini with a printer and the printer rebate beat the credit card statement for the purchase, so it doesn't take that long. At least not long enough to pay a higher sales tax in the first place.

4. RogueVasion macrumors regular

RogueVasion

Well, he could be closer to the RI border? But still don't see why you want to spend another %. Natick is probably one of the best malls in MA if you live nearby. NH is the best place to shop if you live near the border since there's no tax.

I live in CT. To my knowledge, at any store with rebate deals, we still have to send in rebates here. The law is kind of jumbling... I thought RI was the only state around here that did the instant rebates.

When I did my purchase at the Providence Place last year, the rebate came after my purchase hit the credit card. If you still feel uneasy, call up a local Apple Store or customer service about it .

5. jzuena macrumors 6502a

jzuena

I thought the Emerald Square Mall in North Attleboro would have had an Apple store, but no. It is a Simon owned mall, like the Burlington Mall (which has an Apple store) and is much bigger, so it seemed like a good fit and is just about as close as Providence for anyone from Seekonk north. New Bedford and Fall River would have a longer drive to say the South Shore Mall but it would be worth it to save an extra 2%. This makes Emerald Square Mall one of the few (maybe the only) big malls around here that doesn't have an Apple store.

I second the endorsement for the Natick Mall. I used to live in Framingham right on route 9 and once they demolished the old mall and opened up the new one it was a huge improvement. But the Burlington Mall has most of the selection and the added bonus of being only 1 mile from my house so I don't get out to Natick much any more. :D