Instantly canceling order (when I can)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by filmfanatic24, Oct 7, 2011.

1. filmfanatic24 macrumors 6502

Ordered the phone since I have been on a 12-month upgrade cycle with AT&T. Just checked by eligibility for an upgrade and I'm now due 05/08/2013. Think there will be a new phone before then? Yeah, me too. Sorry 4S, I hardly knew ye.

2. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

And there will be a new phone a year after the next one too - better not get it either!

3. filmfanatic24 thread starter macrumors 6502

My point was, at my spending level on AT&T they used to allow me to upgrade to the new iphone every year when it launched (I've had every one on release date) and now that's no longer the case.

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

5. filmfanatic24 thread starter macrumors 6502

Right, and thus I won't be getting this phone.

6. chdwil macrumors regular

Same thing with me in the past, but at some point they always changed it at the last minute. Not saying that will happen again. Now i have 2 lines so I can rotate each year to always get the new model.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That's stupid. You'll likely be eligible but if not, welcome to living out the two year contract you signed champ.

8. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

I figured yearly iPhone upgrades would go away after other carriers got the phone. Even so... if you protect the phone, they hold their value extremely well. You could always use the proceeds to fund your new one. As it has been, I have been profiting every year on iPhone upgrades. Even if they change it and I gotta start paying $200 ish out of pocket to clear the rest of the unsubsidized price......
    $200 a year for a new smartphone is STILL a good deal. Purchasers of Android handsets couldn't dream of staying that far ahead financially.

9. filmfanatic24 thread starter macrumors 6502

Good point. I do the same thing every year, sell the old one on eBay or Craigslist and always clear the price I pay for the new phone even on a contract. So I guess if the unsubsidized new phone is only $200 more after I cash in proceeds from the 4S I'll cope with that.