Instapaper vs. Readability vs. ReadItLater ???

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by YaBoiD, Mar 2, 2012.

?

Which do you use or recommend???

1. Instapaper

13 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. Readability

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. ReadItLater

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. YaBoiD macrumors regular

YaBoiD

I'm trying to decide on which to use. Any input appreciated.
    Which is the better out of the 3 and why? TIA

2. YaBoiD thread starter macrumors regular

YaBoiD

I've been trying out Readability for a day and like the text it uses.

3. javiwankenobi macrumors member

The apps themselves go head to head. What makes me use RIL is the integration with other services. I have Chrome extensions that will send RSS items there in just a click and you see more and more websites integrating with RIL lately

4. MiamiBourne macrumors regular

Readability

I'm trying Readability now since its free and so far so good. Im not sure how the others are. I know Readitnow has a free version so I might try that out.

5. calimed macrumors member

Is there anyway to send articles to any of these readers through the iOS safari on the iPad?

6. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i can't speak for readability or readitlater, but instapaper definitely has a bookmarklet that you can install on mobile safari that will send the articles to your instapaper account. i also love how other apps like rss readers and twitter clients add the ability to save articles to instapaper without needing to see the articles in safari.

7. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

Definitely InstaPaper. A great app from a great developer.

One other trick you can use to get a document from Safari on iOS to InstaPaper is to copy the URL while in Safari, then open InstaPaper. As soon as you open InstaPaper, it will realize you have a URL in the clipboard and ask to save it. For me this is often faster than the bookmarklet.

8. calimed macrumors member

Thanks everyone. I just downloaded readability and was starting to like it but now that I've got this info Instapaper will be the one i use.

9. rowley macrumors 6502

rowley

readitlater for me.

bookmarklet for mobile safari, and instant reader display on articles rather than a possible "non mobile page" from the links you save.
    Both mobile safari and the ios app do the same thing so, it's up to you which you use.