Instillation, need help quickly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alksion

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
I got my 27 iMac back from Apple Care today. They replaced the HDD and were suppose to replace the optical drive as well. It came with a fresh install of 10.6.8 and I wanted to upgrade to Lion.

So I plugged in my external and opened up Lion (my buddy gave me a copy, so if you think I am a thief, simply don't reply) and ran the instillation all the way through.

Once it was finished, I noticed the disk was named untitled and I didn't like that (call me OCD) so I tried to partition it, but it kept saying the disk couldn't be unmounted mounted. I decided I would just erase it and then boot from my snow leopard install disc (yes I actually purchased this, woohoo) and repeat the process again with my newly titled HDD.

Well low and behold, it spits out both the iMac OS X (10.6.2) install disc and the Snow Leopard (10.6) retail disc. I tested the optical drive with a Movie DVD when I got home and it worked just fine.

So my problem is I am stuck with recovery drive alone and nothing else. Please don't tell me to buy it, because I am asking how to revert back to Snow Leopard and not Lion.

I am stuck and clueless, any community help would be appreciated!

alksion

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
It's funny how "justice" always seems to find a way to sneak up on a guy. :D
If you must know, it is my brother (friend). So I don't see how it is stealing or how justice is being served.

Anyways, I it doesn't matter when I hold it down, it just spits it out. It was supposed to be fixed.. Extremely frustrating.

Last edited:

radiogoober

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2011
Wow, you have a 27" iMac and won't spend $30 to buy a copy of Lion.

Classy!

P.S. Sounds like you ruined your computer due to user error. Back to Apple Care for you!

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Discussion closed as per the rules

PIRACY
From the Forum Rules:

Warez/Serials/Keys. Do not post software serial numbers or keys or refer people to specific websites, software, or techniques whose purpose is to break or bypass software licensing methods, distribute cracks, or obtain or use commercial software or media in violation of its license and/or for copyright violation. Do not ask for or give such help.

Status
Not open for further replies.