Instillation, need help quickly!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by alksion, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

I got my 27 iMac back from Apple Care today. They replaced the HDD and were suppose to replace the optical drive as well. It came with a fresh install of 10.6.8 and I wanted to upgrade to Lion.

So I plugged in my external and opened up Lion (my buddy gave me a copy, so if you think I am a thief, simply don't reply) and ran the instillation all the way through.

Once it was finished, I noticed the disk was named untitled and I didn't like that (call me OCD) so I tried to partition it, but it kept saying the disk couldn't be unmounted mounted. I decided I would just erase it and then boot from my snow leopard install disc (yes I actually purchased this, woohoo) and repeat the process again with my newly titled HDD.

Well low and behold, it spits out both the iMac OS X (10.6.2) install disc and the Snow Leopard (10.6) retail disc. I tested the optical drive with a Movie DVD when I got home and it worked just fine.

So my problem is I am stuck with recovery drive alone and nothing else. Please don't tell me to buy it, because I am asking how to revert back to Snow Leopard and not Lion.

I am stuck and clueless, any community help would be appreciated!

2. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

It's funny how "justice" always seems to find a way to sneak up on a guy. :D

3. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

Put the install disk in, and hold CMD + C while booting. What happens then?

4. alksion, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012

alksion thread starter macrumors 68000

alksion

If you must know, it is my brother (friend). So I don't see how it is stealing or how justice is being served.

Anyways, I it doesn't matter when I hold it down, it just spits it out. It was supposed to be fixed.. Extremely frustrating.

5. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

Wow, you have a 27" iMac and won't spend $30 to buy a copy of Lion.

Classy!

P.S. Sounds like you ruined your computer due to user error. Back to Apple Care for you!

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Discussion closed as per the rules

PIRACY
    From the Forum Rules:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.