Instinct has Button Feedback..Can an APP be made for iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nojokews6, Jul 25, 2008.

1. nojokews6 macrumors regular

i have an instinct and it has button feedback,almost feels like your touching a real button. the phone has a little shake. can an app or future update include this or is it a hardwear issue? i would think its only the vibrate motor causing the feedback. I still love my iphone more.

2. Cousin Dirk macrumors 6502a

It could be done, but for it to be any good Apple themselves would need to introduce it, as a third party developer would be unable to create software to allow the phone to do it outside of his own program.

3. GreenLightJerky macrumors member

I used my friends instinct for a day and found the haptic feedback to be annoying and not necessary but that is just me. Would that put a major drain on the battery if you typed all day?

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Just a gimmick. Guess what? When you touch the iPhone, you know you touched it, unless you have no nerves on your fingers.

No, vibrating doesn't equal to touching a real button. And as previous post mentioned, probably will drain the battery much quicker that way.

5. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

part of the draw of haptic feedback is that the screen pushes in a little bit like an actual button

iphone doesnt do that
    so haptic feedback is kinda pointless

6. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I tried the Instinct the other day, and HATED the feedback.

Doesn't answer your question, just wanted to chime in. :p

7. dancavallaro macrumors regular

That's not a result of haptic feedback, that's a result of the type of touch screen. Most touch screens work by actually depressing the surface of the screen, which generates an electrical signal. The iPhone screen is glass, and the touch screen works by detecting static charges from your finger (or something like that), which allows multitouch.

8. Cousin Dirk macrumors 6502a

For me, the clicking noise that the iPhone makes when pushing buttons provides sufficient feedback.

9. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

I've never seen the point of haptic feedback. It won't make typing easier. Like having just a sound, it won't help you to press the correct key.
    I love the iPhone keyboard and use it without the keyboard click sounds.
    I just make sure to read what I've typed prior to clicking on submit, etc, so I can correct any major errors.
    I do this with my normal PC keyboard as well, so it's no big deal.