Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JesterJJZ

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
I guess it's cause I've never been in the iPhone forums on here! :D I wish Apple would make a more traditional iPhone for those that like buttons and don't need all the bells and whistles. I just want a "regular" phone that syncs perfectly with my Mac. (contacts, ical, etc..) Don't need internet. Smaller size would be great too. I basically want an Apple branded RAZr.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Nothing special. Make ads so dumb that it 1) appeals to fifth-graders, and 2) makes smart people feel stupid. I can't decide if the 3G or battery-replacing one was the worst.

The problem with it all is they didn't really show much functionality outside of the GPS ad. They also didn't point out that Sprint's voice coverage blows long and hard compared to AT&T's in most places.

So basically, typical ads. Highlight your strengths and your competition's weakenesses. Probelm is the Instinct looked a little fugly, and you can't hide fugly.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
I guess it's cause I've never been in the iPhone forums on here! :D I wish Apple would make a more traditional iPhone for those that like buttons and don't need all the bells and whistles. I just want a "regular" phone that syncs perfectly with my Mac. (contacts, ical, etc..) Don't need internet. Smaller size would be great too. I basically want an Apple branded RAZr.

I'm right there with you because then I could stop teaching my parents how to use cell phones. My mom acts like a deer in headlights with a Razr half the time. She also doesn't understand the common symbols for play, rewind, fast-forward, pause, and stop on any audio player. But I think she actually knows how to use my iPhone (aside from that iPod stuff). But she'd never use it worth the $30/month extra for all the data and such.

JesterJJZ

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
I'm right there with you because then I could stop teaching my parents how to use cell phones. My mom acts like a deer in headlights with a Razr half the time. She also doesn't understand the common symbols for play, rewind, fast-forward, pause, and stop on any audio player. But I think she actually knows how to use my iPhone (aside from that iPod stuff). But she'd never use it worth the $30/month extra for all the data and such.

Yeah...I just don't need a phone I need to pay $100/month for to use properly.

nimda0

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2008
D-town!
Hey!!! Great ads, I loved them and thought they were semi-humerous... but was I missing something?

Where's the instincts internal 16gb hdd? Oh wait, you need to pay 129.99 plus buy an additional micro-sd card for like $70 or more. Damn, the phones are now the same price with equal memory size. :(

Well, at least the instinct has the app-store? Oh wait, that's the iPhone.... hmmmm......

ok ok, but the instinct has a removable battery housed by a cheap plastic cover! Crap, did I say cheap? Oops.

Alright, I know what the Instinct can do that the iphone can't..... it can't talk to me... because crazy people who buy instincts over iphones have got to be have someone to talk to!!!!!

Almost forgot... the iphone has the smooth user interface that NO other phone i've touched has had. It feels like it's well build when you hold it in your hand. It works great if you're not an idiot... and it has an appeal that no other phone will have in the next 2 years.

hazza.jockel

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2008
in a swag
Hey!!! Great ads, I loved them and thought they were semi-humerous... but was I missing something?

Where's the instincts internal 16gb hdd? Oh wait, you need to pay 129.99 plus buy an additional micro-sd card for like $70 or more. Damn, the phones are now the same price with equal memory size. :(

Well, at least the instinct has the app-store? Oh wait, that's the iPhone.... hmmmm......

ok ok, but the instinct has a removable battery housed by a cheap plastic cover! Crap, did I say cheap? Oops.

Alright, I know what the Instinct can do that the iphone can't..... it can't talk to me... because crazy people who buy instincts over iphones have got to be have someone to talk to!!!!!

Almost forgot... the iphone has the smooth user interface that NO other phone i've touched has had. It feels like it's well build when you hold it in your hand. It works great if you're not an idiot... and it has an appeal that no other phone will have in the next 2 years.

i was about to point this out as well. What about a large, high resolution screen? yes but not as big as the iphones

what about multi-touch?

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
I just sold that phone to get a 3g. Ads are not true. Phone has 2 nice features and that's IT. turn by turn and lookup feature where you can find the phone # and address to ANY place you can think of. I never called 411 or anything that provides #s the whole time I had it. Awesome!
Internet was garbage! I added Opera to it, which people think is better than Safari........NOT!

branjosef

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007
This was my favorite ad for the iphone. i think it really sells its functionality :D

Attachments

• iphonecartoon.jpg
    iphonecartoon.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 215

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
This was my favorite ad for the iphone. i think it really sells its functionality :D

That is too funny. :D

When I went home for Christmas I couldn't actually use my iPhone, you know, as a phone because every time I took it out of my bag everyone wanted to see it and try the pinch to zoom and the swipe gestures and take pics and use safari...

branjosef

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007
That is too funny. :D

When I went home for Christmas I couldn't actually use my iPhone, you know, as a phone because every time I took it out of my bag everyone wanted to see it and try the pinch to zoom and the swipe gestures and take pics and use safari...

At my work nobody seems to care...all I hear is "I-what???" "get that crap out of here you little punk" then again I work at a retirement community.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.