Institutional Education Leopard Delay?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jbstew32, Oct 25, 2007.

1. jbstew32 macrumors regular

I just got a call from my school to let me know that Leopard had not yet shipped to them, and they don't know when they will get it!

I was just wondering if any other students have heard similar news?

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

My mom's university had it today but they won't sell it until tomorrow.

3. djc6 macrumors 6502

Interesting. I ordered a copy with the instutional discount. It says "Ships by: DELIVERS ON OCTOBER 26TH" but here it is thursday night and it hasn't shipped yet.

4. annexw macrumors newbie

Depends on the school.

My store is one of only 3 educational sellers in West Canada to be getting Leopard tomorrow and the ones that won't be getting it were told on Wednesday.

5. swac macrumors newbie

Same thing happened at my college's book store. I'm at Georgia Tech, how about you?

6. jbstew32 thread starter macrumors regular

yeah me too. small world

they left me a voicemail, so I didn't get to ask them anything further. Did they tell you when they'd have it?

7. mediaholic macrumors newbie

Same thing with my school too. We ordered 20 copies through the institutional discount, and it still says "Not Yet Shipped," and "Ships By: Delivers on October 26th."

8. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I was in our store yesterday (in California), and I overheard the clerk say "if it's here by Friday." in a somewhat apprehensive tone. I think that other retail centers (Apple Stores, consumer electronics stores, etc) have been given priority over the education centers. Don't worry about it too much though. I'm sure Apple will get them there by Saturday or Sunday at the latest.

9. aviationwiz macrumors regular

My school is having a "$69 for 69 minutes" promo, starting at 6PM Friday, so I assume they have it.

10. swac macrumors newbie

I called the store after hearing the voicemail. The guy said they had yet to receive the shipping information from Apple, so there's no telling when they'll get it. I still have my fingers crossed for tomorrow at 6 though. He said he'd call everyone who pre-ordered right when he gets any more information though.

11. dr_lha macrumors 68000

My University Computer store is opening after hours tomorrow to sell Leopard, so I hope they actually have copies. Not that I care, I'm getting the UTD disk :D

12. djc6 macrumors 6502

Finally... "Prepared for shipping" - doesn't quite sound like "Ships by: DELIVERS ON OCTOBER 26TH"

13. Enterprise8875 macrumors member

I just called the UConn tech store and they said they may not have it until Monday. This is really depressing.

14. mediaholic macrumors newbie

Ours also finally says "Prepared for shipping," but it also says "DELIVERS ON OCTOBER 26TH..." :confused:

15. dr_lha macrumors 68000

My University Computer Store just updated their webpage to confirm that they do have them in stock and will be selling them tonight at 6pm.

16. Enterprise8875 macrumors member

What school do you go to?

17. dr_lha macrumors 68000

I am employed (finished school 10 years ago!) by Penn State.

18. Enterprise8875 macrumors member

Thats not very far from UConn, I hope we get ours. Thanks

19. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Mine says they will have does have it, but can't sell until 6 pm. The store closes at 5pm on Fridays, so it won't be available until tomorrow.

Educ price: $69.
    UofA, Edmonton, Canada.

20. Buran macrumors regular

Buran

Mine won't ship until tonight despite delivery being promised today so I won't get it until Monday. Ordered as edu inst. customer due to planned use on university-owned (research lab) computer. Not pleased due to several reps promising (as did the website) over the last week or so that it'd arrive today. I wrote in a short, concise, and polite complaint letter over the delivery date turning into a ship date. One rep even claimed that there's no way they could send them out today since it isn't out til 6, and seemed to dance around my "Hey, people are getting them delivered all over today" remark to counter that silliness.

The general public doesn't seem to have to obey that rule, now do they?

If edu buyers don't get it on release date, then why was that promised in the edu inst. store?

21. dr_lha macrumors 68000

Your store needs to get its priorities straight. Mine is doing a special opening from 6-7.30pm. ;)

22. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

No kidding. It gives me the extra time to convince the fiancee that we do need the Leopard upgrade. Funny thing is, she was a Mac devotee long before me.

23. dr_lha macrumors 68000

I just need to persuade my wife that she wants to stand in line in the rain with me in an hour!

24. holybatfart macrumors member

holybatfart

Folks at the U. Of Cincinnati computer store don't know when they're getting it in or how much they're gonna sell it for:(

25. jbstew32 thread starter macrumors regular

I was just informed that my store will have it on Monday, so I'm guessing Apple just waited until today to ship it?