Instore pickup experiences(how it will work)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Cschaef13, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Cschaef13 macrumors newbie

Hey I know that Instore pickup is just speculation right now for the Apple watch. Has anyone ever done Instore pickup on launch day for any other hot apple items? Like phones/iPads etc? How does it work? Do you just walk past the line of people waiting to buy one and into the store to see an associate or is there a line for preorders as well?

2. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

When I picked up my pre-ordered iPhone 6 there was a line of several hundred people trying to get the phone and then a separate line for pre-orders. My only frustration with that was it was my first time pre-ordering like that and I didn't know there was a separate line so I waited at the end of the other line for about a half hour.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

At the Apple Store near me, there is a checkin point, you go up there and they ask you if up you are preorder or walk in, and then tell you which line to stand in. So when you go to the store, walk past any lines and look around for an employee and ask what you should do.

4. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

For the 6, I remember there was one line for both up until about 6:30 or 7 A.M., then they split the line for pre-orders and walk-ins/campers. The people that had pre-ordered and were camping out for fun just got out of line (in order so that people that showed up at 7 A.M. didn't get to cut in front of the pre-ordered campers) and got to go get in the pre-order line.

5. malone18 macrumors member

malone18

I did in store pick up for the 6 and as others have posted there were 2 separate lines. There was a sign at the front of each line clearly stating which line was which....I had no issues whatsoever.

6. Mythicstatus2 macrumors regular

I made a reservation for the 6+ specifying what time i was to be there at launch day. When i got there there was two separate lines. It took me about 10 min to pick it up and leave.

7. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

The experience starts with the sound of an Apple blueshirt snapping a rubber glove on his hand behind you. As you bend over you'll begin to feel some pressure...

At least that is the expected experience for buying the Edition model.