Insurance Coverage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by homerjfry, Jun 24, 2010.

1. homerjfry macrumors regular

homerjfry

I was checking out Safeware and they seem to cover pretty much anything that happens with your phone. Has anyone used them before? Any good/bad experiences?

Has anyone been able to get insurance through their home owner's/renter's insurance yet? If so, which company, please?

Thanks

2. coelacanth macrumors 6502

I've not yet filed any claims, but I've got their coverage on iPad and MBP. The customer service was great and they are BBB A+ company. Will see how it goes, but I'm considering another policy with them for my iPhone now. I'm mainly afraid of theft in my area so SafeWare could be a logical choice.

3. crazyitalian198 macrumors regular

I've used squaretrade. No problems with them. My iPhone 3G kept having the same dust under the screen issue. They replaced the glass for that once, the digitizer when it broke once, and then they refunded me the price of a $200 swap from Apple. I paid less than $100 for the insurance....definitely got my moneys worth.

I have a plan for my iPhone 4 and iPod Nano 5th gen.

Use slickphone4 for 35% off too!

4. itsjared macrumors regular

itsjared

do i actually have to have a phone in hand before i buy the insurance? i'm sure they ask for the serial or something right?

5. coelacanth macrumors 6502

Not sure about SquareTrade, but SafeWare asked the S/N for my other coverages.

6. bacsig macrumors newbie

They don't ask for the S/N but do give the option to send a copy of your receipt now or you can send it if you make a claim.

7. Rick66 macrumors newbie

Agree on SquareTrade

I agree on SquareTrade, they'll cover you for at least 2 replacements from Apple for water damage, I called and asked

They don't cover theft, but seems like a great option

8. markthrash macrumors 6502

markthrash

Depends, really. I went and got the Geek Squad Black Tie coverage after I had a little accident with my iPhone (it fell...lol). So I went back because at first I refused, but now I learned my lesson. haha. They didn't ask to see the phone or anything, which was good, cause had they known the only reason I was buying the insurance was cause I already dropped my phone then I know the answer would've been no.