Insurance? Extended Warranty?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Deadman64, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

Hi,
    The 3G iPhone will be my first apple product, and I was wondering how their warranties work? How much is included with the phone? How much will it be for full coverage for a year or two extra? I'm also assuming at&t won't allow the 3G iPhone to be insured...?

2. Deadman64 thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Also, included is AppleCare Phone Support. They'll actually walk you through troubleshooting (anything that you can't find here at MR:p) and any questions you might have as a new owner. :cool:

4. Paul S macrumors regular

I've got Applecare on my iMac and it's great. When I get the new 3G iPhone, I'm definitely getting it. It comes out to $2.92 per month ($70 at 24 months).

Hey man, I noticed your iPhone doesn't have a cover. Do you carry it in your pocket? Case? Is it scratched on the screen at all? Thought about getting a screen protector, but after reading this article, it got me thinking twice about it.

5. AboveTheChaos macrumors regular

For me, Applecare has always been a good deal simply because I've always had a need to use it. You usually don't have a problem getting service with it and it also gives you peace of mind. Just remember it doesn't cover everything, like if you get your phone wet. My buddy did that and it wasn't covered. :eek:

6. tritonj macrumors 6502a

something to keep in mind with applecare, you do not have to buy it when you buy your phone, you can actually buy it anytime during your first year. so you can wait till your warranty is almost expired and then get apple care, and have an extra $70 to buy something else for the first year

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've had the InvisibleShield since January '08 MWSF, and had it installed by the Zagg.com people. I have no scratches, dents, or scuffs anywhere on my iPhone. I use the Belkin Acrylic Clear Case to watch movies while riding the BART Train by attaching it to my briefcase. I also use the Belkin Case attachment while in my car to keep my iPhone from sliding around on the seat or dashboard. It's nice to play my iPhone's music and check my maps with my iPhone attached to the dashboard (no map app while I'm driving). The rest of the time I have my Naked iPhone in my pocket next to keys, coins, golf tees and even a divot repair tool, never worried that it will get scratched, dented, or scuffed. I think it provides a bit of a cushion as well, in case it gets dropped. I've already ordered the 3G IS for my new 3G iPhone due to arrive 07.11.08! :cool: