insurance for rMBP13 UK

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by terencedriver, May 16, 2015.

1. terencedriver macrumors member

Mar 16, 2015
    I asked about AppleCare and apple staff themselves tell me it's not insurance for accidental damage or loss.

So what's the best insurance for a retina macbook pro in the UK?

Best meaning cost effective and also no game about claiming.
  2. mikekirk macrumors member

May 26, 2010
    Fortunately I have never had to claim, but I have a multi-gadget policy with Protect your Bubble. They seem to offer the best combination of level of cover and price.
  3. GoofyCyborg macrumors member

Sep 23, 2013
    Wales, UK
    If you have insurance with them then I hope you never need to claim because they rarely payout. Reviews are terrible.
  4. 827538 macrumors 6502a

Jul 3, 2013
    I realise your looking at accidental damage or loss insurance but for me I've been covered under an Apple Student 3 yr warranty and it's been great for when I needed the charger replaced or the display. Other than that I'm just very careful with it, whenever I take it somewhere it's in a well padded backpack.
  5. terencedriver thread starter macrumors member

Mar 16, 2015
    So who has a reputation for paying out?

I hear so many stories about companies not paying which means the deal is a one sided scam effectively.
  6. mikekirk macrumors member

May 26, 2010
    Blimey, I just read some of the reviews and I am now cancelling my policy! I'm going to add my Macbook onto our house insurance now, which actually works out quite a bit cheaper.
  7. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Oct 24, 2013
    As the above poster indicates

Your best bet will be to add it to your house insurance as a separate item, it'll be the cheapest way and a few 1000 pounds is nothing to those guys when claiming....
  8. mikekirk macrumors member

May 26, 2010
    I just added my Macbook Pro to our house insurance, and it's added £35 per year to the premium, considerably less than any of the gadget insurance companies wanted. Also, I would not be concerned about them trying to stiff me out of a claim.

Have cancelled my gadget policy.