insurance for rMBP13 UK

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by terencedriver, May 16, 2015.

1. terencedriver macrumors member

I asked about AppleCare and apple staff themselves tell me it's not insurance for accidental damage or loss.

So what's the best insurance for a retina macbook pro in the UK?

Best meaning cost effective and also no game about claiming.

2. mikekirk macrumors member

Fortunately I have never had to claim, but I have a multi-gadget policy with Protect your Bubble. They seem to offer the best combination of level of cover and price.

3. GoofyCyborg macrumors member

If you have insurance with them then I hope you never need to claim because they rarely payout. Reviews are terrible.

4. SCOLANATOR macrumors 6502a

SCOLANATOR

I realise your looking at accidental damage or loss insurance but for me I've been covered under an Apple Student 3 yr warranty and it's been great for when I needed the charger replaced or the display. Other than that I'm just very careful with it, whenever I take it somewhere it's in a well padded backpack.

5. terencedriver thread starter macrumors member

So who has a reputation for paying out?

I hear so many stories about companies not paying which means the deal is a one sided scam effectively.

6. mikekirk macrumors member

Blimey, I just read some of the reviews and I am now cancelling my policy! I'm going to add my Macbook onto our house insurance now, which actually works out quite a bit cheaper.

7. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

As the above poster indicates

Your best bet will be to add it to your house insurance as a separate item, it'll be the cheapest way and a few 1000 pounds is nothing to those guys when claiming....

8. mikekirk macrumors member

I just added my Macbook Pro to our house insurance, and it's added £35 per year to the premium, considerably less than any of the gadget insurance companies wanted. Also, I would not be concerned about them trying to stiff me out of a claim.

Have cancelled my gadget policy.