Insurance for the a MBP [UK]

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lloydhooson, May 5, 2010.

1. lloydhooson macrumors member

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows of reportable insurance company for our MPS’s in the UK. As I don’t think that i’m covered outside of the house if my shiny new box gets stolen.

:apple:

2. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

It cost me 30 dollars a year here inthe US, covers theft and damage.

3. lloydhooson thread starter macrumors member

where from? do they have a UK branch/website?

4. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I use state farm, your best bet would be to call your insurance agent and get a quote.

5. KeithJ108 macrumors newbie

I insured mine with CompuCover for £123 for one year. Most of the cheap insurance websites I found wouldn't insure the full value of my MBP.

6. jahman macrumors regular

I'm insured with Hiscox. They do a home insurance policy which also covers business equipment away from home for small business owners. Won't be of any use to you of course unless you own a small business and the laptop is a business expense.

For an individual the best option is to get all-risks cover added to your home insurance policy. Shouldn't be too expensive.

Cheers,

jahman

7. molala macrumors 6502a

My contents insurance (Endsleigh) includes items lost/stolen outside my home up to £1500 which covers my MacBook. I would pay extra if I had a more expensive laptop. And accidental damage is also extra.

8. jahman macrumors regular

Yep. Normally for anything worth over £1500 you would need to pay extra for all risks. Seems to me that limit hasn't changed for a long time! It's not difficult to spec up a >£1500 MBP!

Cheers,

jahman