insurance headache, swapping sims.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oililymad, Jun 12, 2009.

1. oililymad macrumors 6502

oililymad

right. i have 2 contracts. one due upgrade now( my sons), one in october.(mine) both 3g iphones both insured with o2.

if i use the upgrade due now ( its my sons) and put my sim in then o2 wont cover the insurance.. apparently they know which sim is in which phone.

so questions are .. do 02 really know which sim is in which phone, and does this invalidate insurance if i swap them over?

second if it does can someone recommend really good insurance ? i love the fact that when my sons loses his phone (again) i can get a new one the next day with o2.
    he loses about 3 a year, ( average) so i need an insurance plan that wont increase premiums and turns over the claims pretty fast..
    i know i could search google for iphone insurance but i would rather take a recommendation than have problems in the future..
    many thanks.

ps my sons is 13..he would lose himself if it were possible.

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

To answer your first question, o2 do know what phone has what Sim in it. It's tied to the phone number plus the IMEI of the phone. I don't know if I'd risk it if he loses it as much as you say! I've dealt with o2 insurance in the past and I reckon you should either chance using his phone or wait your contract out. I've never had insurance cover as hastle free as o2.

3. Nickday89 macrumors regular

I don't think O2 would know what phone it's in. ATT only recently found out I was the one on my family plan using the iPhone, and not the RAZR... And this is after having my iPhone for 2 years.