Insurance in the UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yegon, Jun 25, 2010.

1. yegon macrumors 68020

How are you chaps insuring your phone? On your house insurance? The £15 a month by o2 is frankly ludicrous, there's even a £100 excess on your first claim. I signed up for it, knowing Ive got 14 days to cancel.

(Forgive me, I posted this in the UK thread but it'll be lost in the swamp of other posts)

2. snapper07 macrumors 6502

snapper07

wow has the excess gone up to £100 thats criminal i complained about £25 the other month i don't understand why they charge an excess when you insuring one item! I understand the concept of excess with cars and houses when there are 100's of small things to claim on! After a couple of years you've paid them the same amount as a new phone!!

3. BrEEdAA macrumors member

BrEEdAA

I get mobile insurance (amongst other things) with my UK bank, premuim account type thing. Regsistered my new imei withthem yesterday :D

Most banks seem to do things like this now, could be worth looking into, my bank is First Direct

4. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

I've gone with my bank (Lloyds TSB). If you have a silver account (which costs £7.50 a month but is only £3 a month for first three months), then you get free phone insurance. It's an comprehensive an any of the networks.

But! It does take 14-20 days to activate, so I've paid out to Orange for a months insurance in the meantime.

5. yegon thread starter macrumors 68020

Ta, I'll investigate that. Assuming 2 years ownership, Id currently be paying £360 for two years insurance!!!!

6. BrEEdAA macrumors member

BrEEdAA

It cost me £12 a month, but that also includes worldwide travel insurance, identity protection, breakdown cover and some other stuff I'll prob never use. Still better value than £15 for mobile insurance alone!

7. yegon thread starter macrumors 68020

Nah, to be fair, there is all that as well bar identity protection, I skipped these details. Still a complete rip.

Here's the page, nearer the bottom;

http://www.o2.co.uk/shop/phoneinsurance/