insurance on 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by loskickking23, Jun 13, 2008.

1. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

Are they going let people insure the 3g iphones do to the lower cost of the phone.Or let people at least insure the the current version.I thought about this because my wifes with sprint and she getting the instinct and you can get it insured.I have the 1st gen iphone right now and i have to leave it in my work van while im working due to the type of work i do and no insurance on the phone.It worries me even more with the plastic materials of the new 3g.

2. Siron macrumors 6502

Siron

I used to have the AT&T insurance on my old Razr but it was dropped when I got the iPhone as it was above $200 according to the AT&T rep. Maybe they'll reintroduce it but there again maybe not as there would be no way of telling if you just sold it on eBay and claimed it was lost (I'm sure there would be a lot of that going on).

3. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

No more reason to allow insurance than the first one.
    Sure the 3G is cheaper, but who knows it's reliability. With plastic we might be seeing several early unhappy campers.
    The 2G iPhone was great in durability with the aluminum and all, but on the other hand - it was more expensive.
    They sort of balance out in pros and cons - like I said no more reason for them to allow insurance, but really. Who knows.