Insurance plans on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jinyoungkim7, Oct 16, 2010.

1. jinyoungkim7 macrumors regular

jinyoungkim7

I was just wondering, do you guys either use the Apple Care plan or the $12/month Asurion plan? I understand that the Asurion covers accidental damage, lost/stolen but it seems like a lot extra to pay on top of my monthly bill.

Which plan do you guys use if you use either one of them?

2. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I went with GoCare. 85$ for two years.

3. jinyoungkim7 thread starter macrumors regular

jinyoungkim7

Has anyone else had experience with GoCare? Is it reliable? How do I know?

4. CT1stMaxedOut09 macrumors member

I have to say that GoCare looks pretty good when stacked up to the rest. I've never damaged any of my phones (knock on wood) but when and if I do (knock on wood) I will deffiently invest in there plan.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

How is this gocare?
    I know the one from AT&T is a ripoff.

6. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I haven't had to use it yet, but they have great reviews from what I can tell.

7. ihav0frnds macrumors 6502

i'm on a $40 annual fee for personal articles policy from state farm. covers everything, including drops :D

8. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

apple care is extended warranty, not insurance.

my problem with applecare:
    The first year is covered by regular warranty.

If something happens to my phone after that first year, it's _probably_ not covered by extended warranty anyways (production defects and the likes won't wait 1 year to show up, imo) but be accidental damage, water damage, theft, etc. and if that happens, i'd just try to find a way to upgrade to the, by then released, next gen iPhone.

9. crazytiger86 macrumors 6502

Worth Ave Group is what I use.
    Unlike most of the insurance plans which only allow for mail-in, in-house repairs. With WAG, if you drop your phone, water, etc. just take it to the Apple Store, pay $199 replacement fee, get a new (refurb) phone and WAG sends you a check a week later.

10. aniston2010 macrumors newbie

I have to say that GoCare looks pretty good when stacked up to the rest. I've never damaged any of my phones (knock on wood) but when and if I do (knock on wood) I will deffiently invest in there plan.

Car Insurance