insurance plans

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Soura2112, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Soura2112 macrumors 6502

Now that their are 2 insurance companies for the iPhone are you going to start with one, if so which? I have not really worried about my 3G phone for awhile now, since I am way past due for a new iPhone, but always nervous that first year. Like many of you I have found that perfect case but who knows if our cases will work with the new iPhone. Another reason for insurance is the lack of a case and the other little worries, like small children and heavy machinery(j/k)
    I am not sure which company to go with, I forgot the cheaper company name, but cheaper is certainly not always better..

2. Gamst macrumors regular

Gamst

You should google both the insurance companies names and see if anyone has anything good or bad to say about them. Not mentioning the names of either of them or where you are in the world doesn't really help people on here answer your question ;)

3. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

Well ATT is gonna start their own insurance plan for the iPhone, but it's overpriced. You can get Apple Care for $100 cheaper over a period of 1 yr. ($69 v $169). And you don't have to pay a deductible with Apple Care, unlike ATT's $99 deductible. Now the ATT plan might cover more than Apple Care, like water damage, but idk about that. Someone else might know more.
    Plus I've heard you can add your iPhone to your home owners/renters insurance...

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Personally, I think insurance plans for cell phones are a rip off. I have purchased Apple Care for my wife's iPhone but that is a one time fee, not an ongoing monthly fee that also has a deductible.

5. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/7E18)

The insurance plan from AT&T covers everything, including; water damage, lost/stolen, or damage from the phone getting dropped. The Apple care plan does not.

6. cobie454 macrumors regular

cobie454

I think the AppleCare program is the best just because there isn't a deductible and it is a one time fee

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The deductibles range from $99 for an 8GB 3G to $199 for a 32GB 3GS, which is pretty steep — but not quite as steep as $699 for a new 32 GB 3GS incase you're out off-contract
    Also $168/year is a pretty high fee to charge IMO. Big waste of money to me.