Insurance?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Wireless Buddy, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Wireless Buddy macrumors regular

Hi guys. I am looking for a company that might offer insurance for a laptop. I want to buy a PowerBook G4 from macofalltrades.com but it doesn't have that long of a warranty. Is there a company that offers insurance for laptops? Thanks!

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Safeware is one of the more popular computer insurance companies. I don't have any experience with them, but I haven't heard anything bad.

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I got my 2.5 Ghz Rev 3 MBP , Extra ram and case insured through State Farm's personal articles insurance.

Although the guys at a local office quoted me at 33 dollars for the entire year, I get a letter in the mail from corporate saying I owe them 22 dollars extra within the next couple of days or my entire policy is null.

Not that thats a big deal, I just wonder what kinda of hassle I'll have to go through if I need to file a claim....

Total coverage amount is about $2800.

Then again, what you may be referring to is not really insurance but warrenty, and I think there is a specific clause for wear and tear in my policy. Oh well. By that time it will have founds its way to a river somewhere (jk) (?)