intead of iPod touch.. with even more features

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DigitizerIIXP, Jan 17, 2008.

1. DigitizerIIXP macrumors newbie

2. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

3. mrweirdo macrumors 6502

Indeed plust it just doesn't have that apple style ;)

4. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

Sorry, even with all those features it is missing a BIG one for me, audible audio support. Nice but I'm keeping with the iPods, Zune failed to get my money because of the same lack of support.

5. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

so go find a forum on it and post there.:p

it will need lots of repair and troubleshooting so i would join today.:eek:

i am curious, what exactly was the point of your post?:confused:

6. wannabe07 macrumors member

Here's a great quote from the website:

"So stop thinking!"

What kind of company would want you to "stop thinking" about their device? I'm thinking the kind that just wants your money.

7. Darkjenso macrumors regular

trust me, you are not gonna get anyone to switch, if they are on here, it means they have allready invested in a ipod so i dont see why they'd buy another one

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

why is this in ipod touch forum. maybe he's just flame baiting

9. LoganT macrumors 68020

It's also friggen huge. Before I bought my Touch yesterday I had a Cowon D2 that was honestly ridiculous if you had a Mac. Never ejecting, always breaking, them releasing new firmware that didn't fix anything. It was amazing when I got the touch I was amazed at how simple it was just to make a playlist.

10. Heather1 macrumors regular

Heather1

Think outside of the box, people. Apple is great but this device doesn't seem any less interesting.

Thanks man. I read all of its features and it sure does much more things than an itouch does. Still prefer the touch though, :apple: looks prrreeeettttyyyyy LOL. :p (and about $200 cheaper :D )

11. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

Besides, no AAC support so there goes my iTunes library and no way I want to convert it all. Besides, apple products are about the user experience and from what I seen, it isn't as good as the UI of the iPods touch.

12. bloodycape macrumors 65816

Beauty is it is running windows ce. Might be a turn of to some but the fact that Win CE can run vlc player, and a bunch of other software means audible audio and acc is actually supported. Sound should be way better than the Touch. And firmware updates actually mean the company cares. For the D2 they just added flash-lite so you can make flash themes and play flash games. The A2 from them was being updated with features and fixes for over a year and half. True sign in my book that a company cares about their customers.
    Then again this device was announced at last years ces and the only other problem is battery life is average. Cowon is by far one of the best dap makers in the market. I was very impressed with their A2 as it pretty much has every codec support and 10 hour battery life for video.

Try DAPreview.net for a nice unbiased reviews of dap products.