Intego VirusBarrier X4 and Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by phalewhale, Oct 29, 2007.

1. phalewhale macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

Hey everyone,

Earlier I did a search on google to see if there was any word on whether VirusBarrier was compatible with Leopard. I found that MacObserver and MacWorld both stated it is compatible.

However, after installing it on a fresh Leopard, the icon isn't present in the menu bar and when I launch the application, it quits "unexpectedly". It does this every time.

Wondering if anyone else on here has had a similar experience? Or does your VirusBarrier X4 work OK?

Cheers everyone.

2. phalewhale thread starter macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

Speedy Response from INTEGO.

Wow, incredible service.

I've just had a reply from Intego about the problem. I only posted the question with them about 30 minutes ago if that. Anyway, I've posted the response for the benefit of anyone else that may encounter the same problem:

You should uninstall and reinstall from the latest installer, version 10.4.4. You can download from this link:

http://www.integodownload.com/en/vbx4.html

First use the uninstall function of the installer to remove VirusBarrier and NetUpdate. Then after restarting your machine, make sure that VirusBarrier X and X4 have been removed from your Applications folder. Then reinstall from this latest installer.

It is also recommended at this time to not move the programs from the Applications folder to a sub-folder or other folder.

After installation, use NetUpdate X4 to update to the latest virus definitions as well.