Integrate last.fm with iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by someguy, Jun 19, 2010.

1. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

So I just now joined last.fm and I'm wondering if there is a way that I can continue to use iTunes to play the music I already listen to, and have the information about what I'm listening to and what I've played recently uploaded to last.fm.

I love iTunes and don't want to switch to another music player, or resort to streaming music when I already own the music I want to hear.

2. reubs macrumors 68000

You should download the Last.fm app for OS X. From there you can log in with your Last.fm username, and it will scrobble your iTunes music to your last.fm account.

3. someguy thread starter macrumors 68020

someguy

I may have posted to soon. I was just about to edit my post to say that I've found this. I was thinking it was something different, but it turns out it may be exactly what I am looking for!

4. someguy thread starter macrumors 68020

someguy

So if I don't open or run the last.fm app for a week, once run, will it go back and scrobble (am I using this term correctly?) the information about what I've been listening to for the last 7 days?

5. UpDownAeroplane macrumors member

no, it always has to be on for it to scrobble music. however, it's a tiny little application and doesn't use a lot of RAM or anything. so it's easy to leave on all the time and it has an icon in the menu bar.

however, if you sync it with your ipod, you can listen to tons of music on the go and then when you sync your ipod to your mac, it will scrobble all of your listened music.

6. Libertine Lush macrumors 6502a

No. But last.fm has a small memory/CPU load. However, if you use some complementary (and awesome) iTunes programs like Bowtie, TunesArt or CoverSutra, last.fm is already integrated within those.