Integrated graphics not working properly?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bryan85, Jul 17, 2011.

1. bryan85 macrumors regular

I just purchased a MBP 15", and have noticed that sometimes when using the IGP it does not display things properly. I don't have this problem at all when using the dedicated graphics card. It doesn't just happen in Safari. General weird graphics glitches seem to popup everywhere(Finder, menu bar, iTunes).

Such as this:
    [​IMG]

Any ideas? :confused:

2. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Try reinstalling your OS from your supplied install discs? It's unlikely that the HD3000 is causing these problems.

3. Gabbelito macrumors newbie

I've also got problem with my IGP.
    I downloaded "Lock Screen 2" and when I run it on the IGP I get a blank screen.

Download gfxCardstatus and try for yourselves.

4. Durious macrumors 6502

I don't quite understand the graphics issues your having, all I see is safari and the bookmark bar open. Can you point it out?

5. bryan85 thread starter macrumors regular

If you look closely you will see that the window I had previously loaded stayed in bookmarks bar once it loaded. This is the sort of graphics glitch that I am running into. It seems as though when using the IGP it has trouble refreshing the image in some areas. It's difficult to describe the other instances, but they all have some sort of "refreshing issue" for lack of a better term.

On a slightly related side note, I uninstalled the 8GB of Crucial RAM and installed the factory RAM. The problem can still be reproduced by following these steps:

Close Safari application
    Open Safari application
    Go to website and let it load
    Click Bookmarks --> Show All Bookmarks

You will see that the upper pane of the bookmark screen doesn't refresh.