Integrating Facebook with iOS?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Bankaimadness, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Bankaimadness macrumors 6502

Just wondering if you guys actually use this feature..

2. Slix macrumors 6502a

Slix

I don't have a Facebook account, so I don't use it, but I do use Twitter on my iPod touch.

3. mrgraff macrumors 6502a

mrgraff

I do have a Facebook account and also feel it's necessary to highlight this with a different color.:p

However I rarely use the Facebook integration, and almost exclusively use Facebook's own app to do anything.

4. soulsteelgray macrumors regular

I don't post anything on Facebook and I don't sync my contacts. I only have my login stored for apps that take advantage of the integration.

5. dontpannic macrumors 6502

dontpannic

I don't sync contacts and calendars, but regularly post photos and status updates from the Notification Centre, and share URL's from Safari.

6. blair554 macrumors newbie

Wow, cool. I can't image how you can have no Facebook account. My one third time is on Facebook but I only use the basic function on my iPhone.

7. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

I use it and it has a huge bug in it. If you integrate your contacts with facebook, you have to link the accounts together otherwise you have two entires in your address book rather than one.
    The issue is that when Facebook integration updates your contacts with the Facebook details then unless your facebook contacts have their phone number in their facebook details then any text messages you send will go to the facebook email address rather than the phone number meaning that they never receive the text.

In other words, Facebook hijacks the contacts and uses your facebook entries to control text messages therefore sending your messages to the ***@facebook.com address, if your contacts have not recorded their phone number in their facebook account rather than use the contact phone number in your phone.
    It totally ignores any contact phone numbers in your contacts address book

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I only sync the calendars. It's helpful because most people invite me to things using Facebook and so it's nice to see those events without having to look in Facebook itself.

It's the only FB integration feature I use.

9. rctlr macrumors 6502a

rctlr

Yes, I have both Facebook and Twitter, and use the integration with apps that support it.
    I have posted to Facebook from the Notifications screen, which is a handy quick and dirty way to update your status.

R.

10. X5-599 macrumors regular

Related question: Has anyone made Siri update their status?
    When posting from notification center gives you privacy settings (post to friends/public etc).

What does Siri do? Post as public by default? Or is there some kind of confirmation at some point?

11. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

I think the only way that Siri can update your status on Facebook is if you have Facebook setup so that you can update your status by sending a text to Facebook. You then tell Siri to update your status and it will basically fire off a text to Facebook and update your status.

I don't think Siri updates Facebook status directly - only indirectly as above.

12. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

I took a picture last night and uploaded to Facebook in the camera app. I think that is a useful feature.