Intel 320 160GB vs Samsung 470 256GB

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by niewiesznic, May 18, 2011.

1. niewiesznic macrumors regular

Hello,
    Which SSD should I choose ? Intel 320 160GB vs Samsung 470 256GB ?
    Any experiences ?
    I strongly need advice in this. I work mainly on Photoshop / InDesign / modo (3D software) / Illustrator. I have MBP Unibody.

Take care,

P. G.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

If the price is the same, then go with the Samsung since it has more GBs. Both are good SSDs so IMO, the choice should be determined by your capacity needs.

3. niewiesznic thread starter macrumors regular

4. Peteman100 macrumors 6502

I'd go with the Intel if 160GB is enough space. Better performance, longer warranty and better reliability track record.

5. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

I've had problems with Samsung customer support and will never buy anything from them again = it was their top of the line TV at the time.

My vote would be for the intel drive.

6. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

While I agree that Samsung has less than stellar customer support, I would still recommend the Samsung SSD. They are fast, reliable, and don't have a problematic track record such as the Vertex2 line. The extra 100gb of space is a huge deal, especially if the price between the two drives is the same.

7. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...but the OP isn't even comparing to the OZC line of drives...he's asking about vs. Intel...

OP, did you ever make a purchase?

8. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

In real world use, the speed difference will be much less than special speed tests.

Macworld just posted an article about MacBook Air upgrades that don't have the speed advantages in the real world VS the specialized speed tests.