Intel announces dual core IB processors

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ugahairydawgs, May 30, 2012.

1. MR.BUTTON macrumors member

Good news! That means the new MacBook airs are coming soon...:D

2. GubbyMan macrumors 6502

GubbyMan

Except for the CPU-freq and L3-cache, does anyone know if there are any other difference between the i5 and i7 models? :confused:

I don't know that much about Intels processors, just want to know if there are any difference or if Intel is just using the i7 name for the higher end CPU:s.

3. MR.BUTTON macrumors member

i7 is clocked at a higher frequency.anyway,It is just a method of grading levels.:D

4. theSeb, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012

theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

Anandtech have posted their preview/review:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5872/intel-dual-core-ivy-bridge-launch-and-ultrabook-review

Edit: On the HD4000

On battery life
    Note: The i5-2410M is a full 35 W dual core SNB CPU. I am very impressed that a ULV 17W chip matches it in performance.

5. JimNasium macrumors newbie

Yeah, but if you buy the MBA Retina display rumors they still have design issues to settle before releasing new MBAs. I still don't really understand the "power issues" the article references, so I have no idea how difficult it will be to settle this design issue.

6. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Things do sometimes get pushed off to a different hardware generation. Beside that, I doubt the validity of those "leaks". It's more likely that someone thought it would make a good story as it seems to match a current trend that initiated with the idevices.

7. njean777 macrumors 6502

I really hope apple doesn't go with Retina, I am not buying one anyways, but the graphics performance will be terrible with Retina included. The Ipad 3 has problems, I dont even want to know how the macbooks would react to such a high resolution. Of course this is coming from a gamer.

8. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

I'm not too convinced about "retina" displays being added - well at least not pixel doubling. In the iPad 3, the battery size was increased by 70% to achieve the same life (or similar) to iPad 2. Will this be possibly in an MBA? I just don't know.

9. firlatim macrumors newbie

what do you guys think about the latest MBA released? Any of these issues resolved?