intel core duo???

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MicahFreak82, Jun 17, 2008.

1. MicahFreak82 macrumors member

does anyone out there have the old school intel core duo chips in there macbooks. does that still work for you or have you gotten a new macbook already? not being able to use n-wireless is killing me.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I've got a 1st-generation MacBook Pro. I ordered it the day they were announced so it's a really early one. It still does fine for me.

3. kvasir macrumors regular

I'm going to concur here. I have a 1.83 CD MBP and it works just fine for me. I'll agree the new C2Ds are awesome, but I don't see much of a speed difference to justify paying for a new computer.

The N wireless isn't a big deal for me. N really only matters when you are moving big files around on a LAN. Your internet connection isn't fast enough to warrant upgrading simply because you want a faster wireless connection!

4. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

I had a MacBook with a 2.0GHz Core Duo and it worked fine. I sold it to a friend who needed a new machine (his G3 iMac failed) and bought a new MacBook Pro.

5. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

I've got the first gen with boosted memory and HD and it works and looks terrific.