iPad Intel Education Study App not working: any way to fix?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by JerTheGeek, Aug 7, 2015.

1. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Hello all,
    I am running the iOS 9 public beta on my iPad Air 1. Everything has been going pretty well with it, except for one thing---the "Intel Education Study" app is not working, it just crashes on launch. I'm thinking that it isn't compatible with iOS 9. I need this app so that I can access textbooks for school coming up in a few weeks, but fortunately I can still use the web reader. It's just much nicer and easier to use the app, so does anyone know any way possible to get this app working on the iOS 9 PB?
    Thanks,
    JerTheGeek

2. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Go back to 8.4 or wait for the app developer to post an update. Only options you have at the moment.

3. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Are developers able to update apps with compatibility for iOS 9 before iOS 9 is officially available?

4. batting1000 macrumors 604

They can attempt to fix bugs using the iOS 8.4 SDK, however it's typically a bit more difficult because it's not made to support iOS 8 apps. Devs cannot submit apps made with the iOS 9 SDK until the Gold Master is released (which likely won't be till early September at the iPhone event).

5. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

If you had the app installed prior to updating to iOS 9 beta I've heard people uninstalling apps and reinstalling sometimes fixed instant app crashing on launch.

If that does nothing then it's just a matter of having to wait it out or revert back to 8.4.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sometimes a new beta itself could get some apps working--happened with a couple apps that I've had issues with.

7. lemimouth macrumors regular

Have you tried to switch to airplane mode before launching the app ?

8. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

No. I'll give that a shot.

9. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

I tried that. Didn't work unfortunately.

10. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

If I was to DL the 8.4.1 .ipsw file, could I hold down shift and then click update in iTunes to install 8.4.1 without losing data?